Last time I posted, I mentioned that my schedule had suffered a number of disruptions. I knew this might have affected a couple of people in the ExEn early-access program who were depending on my internal development schedule for a number of ExEn features. But I was not too concerned about the overall project – I had built plenty of buffer time into my external schedule to accommodate things like this. Getting ExEn ready for release on June 21, plus fulfilling all my other commitments, was still achievable – but I’d used up my margin for error.
And then, as if on cue, I got sick.
I’ll spare you the details, but for the last 10 days I’ve been too bleary to really do any useful work. I’ve only started getting my programming mojo back today; I’m still not operating at 100%.
So the ExEn project time-budget is now almost certainly in the red. The public release is still going to happen on June 21, of course. My first priority for ExEn is still the Android port, and my aim is to have that working before the public release. This means that some feature work and bug fixes will be postponed until after the June 21 release.
It’s not really a big deal. But I’d just like to let you know in advance that the initial ExEn release probably won’t be as shiny as I would have liked it to be.
Hopefully nothing else goes wrong…